Friday 22 May 2015

Riviere Petite Nation - Ripon Section

Posting about a short paddle that I did three years ago now. Back in the day I had been planning on scouting this section of river based upon seeing some gradient on the topo maps. Then I stumbled across a report from an earlier trip that caught me by surpise as I had never heard of a run here and it is only an hour away from my home base in Ottawa. Here is that qcrivers report in French and it inludes a map.

At the start of my video below it claims that the date of the paddle was Aug. 4th , but after uploading the video I discovered that this is likely wrong. I am now pretty certain that this paddle happened on June 17th, 2012. The flow at the nearby gauge was 15.5 CMS that day. The two waterfalls along this section both looked fairly undoable. But???


Riviere Petite Nation (Ripon Section): June17 , 2012 from Dave Howlett on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment